Paid Too Much Tax on Your Working Holiday in the UK - Apply for a UK Tax Refund

from the blog.

Paid Too Much Tax on Your Working Holiday in the UK?

UK Tax Refund
Apply for a UK Tax Refund

What to Do When You’ve Paid Too Much Tax on Your Working Holiday in the UK?

Just got back from a working holiday in the UK? You might want to check if you overpaid tax, and apply for a tax rebate as soon as possible.

Apply for a UK Tax Refund

Documents required

It is important that you obtain the required documents before you leave the UK, such as the P45 form if tax is deducted through the PAYE system, a P60 form if you started work at 5 April, a self-assessment tax return if you worked as a contractor, and P85 form if you are leaving the UK and may not come back for a full tax year. It is also highly recommended that you apply for a tax refund before you leave the UK, and simply make arrangements on how the tax rebate will be sent to your bank account.

When to apply for a tax refund

You can apply any time if you are leaving the UK to return home, or you will not be working in the UK for the rest of the tax year. Otherwise, you can lodge a claim by the end of the financial year, which is at 5 April.

Related Articles:

6 Helpful sites for planning your UK Working Holiday
Do you get taxed on tips in the UK?
Tax advice for Australians working in the UK
Why you p60 is important

DIY or Professional Assistance

The choice to claim tax yourself or use a tax agent is entirely up to you. Between the two, however, the latter will simplify claiming a tax refund, which is a huge help considering how complicated the UK tax system is. But if you choose to take the DIY route, make sure you complete a tax return and submit original
copies of required documents to HM Revenue & Customs. You can get your money back after 2 to 3 months, provided there are no errors in your application form that could cause delays.

Think you may be due a tax refund from your working holiday in the UK? Apply here to get
your tax back.

Related Posts

Common UK Tax Return Mistakes

Listed are common UK tax return mistakes and the solution to avoiding them. After all, a small mistake filling out that HMRC document can result in you incurring huge losses, so let’s get cracking and avoid those expensive mistakes. What...

Beat the Clock – Claim Your UK Tax Returns

Time to get the wheels turning for your 2014/2015 UK tax returns, and you need to act fast, before the year ends in April 2019. Beat the clock and get back those tax rebates, HMRC needs proof and are quite...

Time to Get Your UK Self-Assessment Tax Return Started

In 2017/18 a pretty impressive percentage of Brits got their UK self-assessment tax return spot on! In fact, it was a record breaking figure with an impressive 93.68% getting in their tax return claims on time, out of which 700,000...

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *