Tax Tips for Freelance Graphic Designers – TaxBack

from the blog.

Tax Tips for Freelance Graphic Designers

Graphic _Design

A graphic designer or art director is eligible for a tax refund
from their personal tax return based on tax deducted from several
things used in their line of work. These include meals and travel,
work clothing, work tools & equipment, training fees,
membership, books, phones & Internet, and general expenses.

Whether or not you can claim a tax refund, however, depends on
different factors. For example, you can claim on meals you bought
when working overtime, provided that you received an allowance from
your employer. The same thing is true with meals and incidental
expenses incurred when your work requires you to stay awake
overnight, but with the added provision that the allowance provided
by your employer should show on your PAYG payment summary.

For work clothing to be tax deductible, on the other hand, and
eligible for a refund, it must be compulsory and should have a
business logo. Otherwise, it would be treated like regular clothing
with no tax relevance whatsoever.

Some of the least complicated expenses you can claim for a
refund are:

  • Cost of buying and repairing work equipment
  • Cost of materials or supplies
  • Cost of annual association membership fees
  • Cost of media used for work, such as paid TV rental used for
    research, journals, books and magazines.

When it comes to general expenses, some of the tax deductions
that you can claim on include bank fees that you may have to pay on
any investment account, cost of insurance, tax agent fees and the
travel cost of seeing your tax agent.

Since you can claim on seeing a tax agent, you should take
advantage of such privilege.

Think you may be due a tax refund? Apply here to get your tax

Related Posts

UK Taxation for Foreign Residents

Tax Refunds UK Expats Can Claim As an employed expat in the UK, you are obliged to file a UK tax return and also claim tax refunds UK taxpayers are entitled to. Not all taxpayers can claim a refund on...

What is the 2019/20 PAYE Tax Code?

Could You Be Due for Tax Refunds? UK Taxpayers Time to Get Updated! Check the PAYE tax codes and seek tax refunds, UK taxpayers are eligible to claim from HMRC for any overpaid income tax! Under the wrong PAYE tax...

First Time Workers

Are You Within the Self-assessment Tax Return or PAYE System? The definition of whether you are employed or on a self-assessment tax return for self-employed, as a first time worker in the UK, will make a difference to the amount...

Leave a Reply

Translate »