Getting the most out of your tax refund is something we all want to do. Filing a UK tax return seems to get more and more complicated every year and many individuals often experience heavy delays when waiting on tax refunds from HMRC. Our company are specialist uk tax accountant for expats, the self employed and those working for employers through the PAYE tax system. In this article we take a look at how to make the most from your PAYE Tax refund, including claiming back up to four previous tax years.
Table of Contents
Getting The Most Out of Your 2021-22 Tax Return
There are many tips available to help individuals navigate the UK tax system and get the refund they deserve minus the hassle. One must also take into account that whether you are owed tax due to an overpayment of income tax, capital gains, or other taxes, the same system applies. But where do you start? How do you know what you can and can’t claim? Knowing what you can and can’t claim on your tax refund is the difference between being able to make a legal and correct refund application. On average, people who claim tax returns through taxback.co.uk receive a significantly higher refund than they would have claiming themselves, Follow these tips and learn about what you could claim on your UK tax returns.
What to watch out for if you’re trying to file your own tax return
- Never assume the HMRC will automatically credit you a refund due in the form of a cheque. They often apply the refund as a credit on future tax owed. It is in an individual’s best interest to request payment for the refund in writing. Always keep copies of your correspondence with the HMRC.
- When corresponding with the HMRC, always be sure to include your tax reference number, NI number, and your contact information.
- If the delay expands to over a few weeks time, give a call to 09110 141 100 to check the status of your return or refund. Be sure to have your NI number and tax reference number handy so they can quickly access your information.
- If your tax return is not completed within 8 weeks, you may want to talk with a Complaints Manager. Complaint Managers at your the tax office are instructed to handle these complaint cases personally in order to speed up the process.
- You can be entitled to interest on payments that have been delayed. The rate of interest could amount to a decent sum of compensation for your inconvenience or it could be a small amount, every tax return is unique to the individual making the claim.
Be smart, we offer a no refund, no fee tax refund service. How much could you be owed? Claim today!
Always remember to use the resources available to you. There are many companies established to aid you in your quest for tax compensation. Taxback offers no obligation tax rebate consultations at a low compensation rate. If you choose to file with us, you’ll only pay if we’re successful on securing you a tax refund.
Using our online PAYE tax refund application form will help you claim the maximum amount possible
Once you’ve navigated through our easy to use online tax refund form, you’ll have a list of sections that will prompt you on items that you can claim.
What kind of expenses can you claim on a UK tax return?
Knowing what you can and can’t claim on a tax refund is extremely important as making a false claim could land you in a bit of trouble. If you’re unsure, it’s always best to consult a tax specialist.
So, what kind of expenses can you claim on a UK tax return or self assessment? Some of the items that you can claim on a UK tax return could include expenses for:
- Cleaning a uniform
- Buying uniforms
- IT software (zoom subscriptions for example)
- IT Equipment
- Mobiles, Tablets, Telecommunications bills
- Marriage Allowance
- Working From Home Allowance
File your 2021-22 tax refund application with us and we’ll help you get the most out of it
Why are we so confident that you’ll receive a bigger refund filing with us? We’ve been UK & Expat Tax Accountants for Over 3 Decades. If you’re due a tax refund, we’ll help you get the maximum amount of money that you’re owed.
Our expert tax accountants handle the entire tax rebate process from start to finish
Our expert tax accountants handle the entire tax rebate process from start to finish, ensuring your forms are filled out correctly and are sent to the HMRC. Don’t go it alone, let Taxback help you get the most out of your return. For more information on how to get the rebate you are due, please contact us or complete a tax refund application right now. You can save it and come back later if you don’t have all the information you require with you right now.