Tax Filing For International Students – All You Need To Know – TaxBack

from the blog.

Tax Filing for International Students

Tax Filing For International Students – All You Need To Know

Benefit from UK tax refunds for non-residents

Not all international students in the UK are eligible for tax filing. If your earnings are used to fund your studies, accommodation etc. you are eligible for a tax-exemption provided your country of citizenship has entered into a double taxation agreement with the UK. Read on and find out about not only tax-filing but also UK tax refunds for non-residents.

Paying tax in the UK – Tax filing as an international student

International students studying and earning are supposed to (when applicable) pay tax in the UK, as well as contribute towards National Insurance. All this depends on the amount they earn. This rule also becomes applicable to students studying in the UK but working abroad during vacation.

Of course how much tax you pay and when you become eligible for tax filing in the UK depends on your ‘personal allowance’ and other factors such as PAYE and the tax code you work under. Most foreign students get in touch with a tax consultant in the UK in order to avoid getting penalised from avoiding non-resident UK tax and to reap the most benefits from UK tax refunds.

Related Post: Money saving tips for international students

UK tax refunds for international students in the UK

When leaving the UK, if you have been contributing towards the UK tax system, you become eligible to file for a tax refund. You must fill out form P85 and submit it to HMRC (UK tax office) before you leave the country. If you file your tax returns late, there is a penalty. Another reason for most international students to seek advice from our tax accountants, let us help you make sense of it all and reap the best benefits for you; do contact us today for a consultation.

Related Post: International Student Tax Laws

Related Posts

Getting your owed money from Tax Refund Services in UK

Do you really prefer to spend your time filling out and editing tax forms, hoping that you will receive a tax refund, after all that work? Even after ensuring that all your paperwork is done correctly, how likely are you...

Self-Employed Individuals Encouraged to Reach New Deadlines for Tax Returns

The COVID-19 crisis is having far-reaching financial effects on individuals and companies alike in the UK and around the world. The Low Income Tax Reform Group (LITRG) says that self-employed individuals who have yet to submit their 2018/19 self-assessment tax...

Tips for Filing Your 2020 Self-Assessment Tax Return

If you were self-employed from 6th April 2018 to 5th April 2019 and have earned more than £ 1000, then you need to file a self-assessment tax return and pay any tax that you owe before 31 January. Self-Assessment is...

Translate »